About Together Matters
Together Matters is a small organisation built on the belief that talking and working together help to make better things happen in the lives of people with learning disabilities and their families.
Getting the right people together is so important. Talking, sharing ideas, planning and learning together all help to overcome hurdles people face in their everyday lives. Doing things together help people to get good lives.
Together Matters works alongside:
- People with learning disabilities
- Families of people with learning disabilities
- Organisations and services providing support to people with learning disabilities
- Organisations and services providing support to family carers
- Community organisations and services working to be more inclusive
What we do
Together Matters focuses on four key areas that have common themes:
- Planning for the future
- People with learning disabilities growing older
- Checking the quality of support
- People with learning disabilities who have a caring role
- Service development
Together Matters aims to:
- Put the knowledge and experience of people with learning disabilities and their families at the centre of what we do
- Share ideas, learning and resources
- Challenge and complement existing support and services
- Make the best use of things that work and overcome those that prevent people having a good life.
When you work with us, you will get:
- Team members who work hard to find ways for people with learning disabilities to have a good life
- Flexible and creative ideas to help you or your organisation do things differently
- Information that is practical and easy to understand
- Workshops and training that help you find solutions and are also fun
Please get in touch with us to talk about what would be helpful. Share your ideas about what you want to do better and we can try to help.
Let us know if you think we could work together on one of the four key areas of our work. We can learn together.